Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ugh

A few days ago I visited the school where I used to tutor.  Even though many days at school felt like being stranded on a deserted island with a bunch of kids, Lord of the Flies-style, (most of) the kids were relatively good.  Everyone behaves when the catapult they worked so hard to build is launching marshmallows at them to eat.

A few days ago, though, I saw a kid flunking out of his 8th grade (~13 years old) shove his mother into a bookshelf.  After the teacher caught him playing games during class and confiscated it, she threatened and then tried to break the iPod that she bought for him.  That was the saddest thing I've seen in a long while.  As much as I argued with my parents at that age, I could never use violence on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment